What Can You Do To Protect Your Office Electronics From Water Damage?
Pennsylvania Business Owners Are Keen To Keep Water Damage Away From Their Electronics
Anybody who runs a business in PA knows how necessary electronic equipment is. Whether your company uses computers, a till, a customer database, phones, and tablets, or a combination of the above, electrical equipment is part of any business.
In the event of water damage, business owners are often worried about their electronics. After all, electrical equipment is costly to replace. If you need to substitute a critical device, that can delay you from getting your business back on track.
What can I do to keep electronics safe from water damage?
SERVPRO suggests taking a few simple steps to keep your electronics safe:
- Always elevate electronics – equipment left on the floor is more at risk of damage
- Keep electronics and sources of water separate – do not keep electronics near faucets or dishwashers
- Discourage employees from drinking at their desk as hot coffee and electronics are a recipe for disaster
- Install moisture meters to warn you of impending problems
We also recommend you back up all vital information to the cloud regularly. That way, even if something happens to your equipment, you will not lose critical data.
Why should I call SERVPRO in the event of a water loss?
Facing water damage in your office or warehouse is daunting. You are not trained or equipped to deal with such a disaster, which is why it is crucial to call us. Our technicians:
- Are prepared to assess the situation quickly and draw up the best plan
- Have a range of extractors and drying equipment on hand to get your business looking “Like it never even happened.”
- Can help you move your equipment out and then back again if needed
- Know when it is safe to touch electronics and when it is too hazardous, keeping you safe
For an even faster response, we recommend you sign up with our SERVPRO Emergency READY Plan (ERP). It is free to join and helps you draw up a handbook of useful information for staff in the event of water damage. Using ERP means your business is better prepared, and we are your preferred vendor to assist rapidly.
For help with water damage, call SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell, and Abington Jenkintown at 215.368.4110.